Booking & Cancellation Policy
By booking your appointment you are agreeing to the terms and conditions presented below. If you should ever need to cancel your appointment please let me know as soon as possible to avoid being charged for your appointment.
I will always email you (providing you have given me your email address) 72 hours before your appointment to confirm you are still able to go ahead with the treatments/appointment.
1. You will not be charged for your appointment if you cancel or rearrange your appointment up to 48 hours of notice of your appointment time.
2. If you cancel or rearrange your booked appointment within 48 hours of your appointment you will be charged 50% of your total treatment price.
3. If you cancel within 12 hours you will be charged a full 100% of your total treatment price and your appointment will be marked as a "no show" as I'm am very unlikely to fill that space in such a short period of time.
3. If you do not turn up to your appointment you will be charged the full amount (100%) of your appointment/treatment(s) total.
4. If you are more than 15 minutes late to your appointment it may have to be cancelled due to not having enough time to complete the treatment in full in which case you will be classed as a ‘No Show’ and full charges of the missed appointment will need to be paid. In some cases I can still perform some of the treatments,however, you will still be charged in full for the treatment(s) you had booked.
5. If for any reason your appointment has started and you are not able to continue/finish the treatments agreed on booking, 100% charges of the appointment will apply.
6. If you have booked to have more than one treatment and decide you no longer wish to have all the treatments you have booked, the above cancellation rules will apply. No charge will apply for cancelled treatments if you give 48 hours or more notice. 50% of that treatment(s) cost will be charged if cancelled within 48 hours and 100% of the treatment cost will be applied if you cancel that treatment within 12 hours of the agreed appointment. No charge will apply if you change your mind on what treatment you want PROVIDING it is the same amount of either money or time. Or you might need to pay the difference in price.
7. I completely understand that life sometimes gets in the way or unexpected things pop up, however, this is my livelihood and means of living. You will be expected to pay the cancellation fees under ALL circumstances. By giving as much notice as possible gives me an opportunity to fill in the gap with another client who is perhaps needing treatments done and also reduce my loss of income.
I will accept appointment cancellations by text, phone call (If I don’t answer please leave me a voicemail - it will still be accepted as an appropriate way to cancel your appointment) and email. I WILL NOT ACCEPT CANCELATION ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK as these are not updated in real-time and I can get your messages too late.
10. NO CHILDREN UNDER AGE OF 7 ARE ALLOWED TO ACCOMPANY YOU TO AN APPOINTMENT.
How I comply with GDPR
New Data Protection Rules are in effect from the 25th of May 2018. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation in EU law on Data Protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. The GDPR applies to ‘Personal Data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier.
Velvet Brows understands that privacy and the security of your personal information are extremely important. Because of this, this policy sets out what I do with your information and what I do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how I collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information I hold about you. I can also ensure you that I never share your data with anyone.
This policy applies to you if you use Velvet Brows products or services in-house, over the phone, online, through my mobile applications or otherwise by using any of my websites or interacting with me on social media.
What Information Is Stored?
Your name, telephone number, email address, consultation and health forms and any other information provided by yourselves.
How Do I Use This Information?
The information I collect may be used to:
How Long Will I Keep Your Information For?
I will always retain your personal information in accordance with Law and Regulation and never retain your information longer than is necessary.
How Is My Information Stored?
Your information is stored in accordance with GDPR. Paper information will be stored in a locked cabinet. Online information will be stored with fingerprint, password and encrypted protection. Your online information is currently stored with my online booking system Fresha. Fresha is a GDPR regulated company where your data is secured.
What Should I do If I Don’t Agree With My Data Being Used?
You have the right to object to Velvet Brows using your personal information, have your data removed or changed. Please contact Velvet Brows using social media, telephone, text or email to discuss this further.
When you book an appointment with Velvet Brows for the first time you will be asked for your full name, email address and contact telephone number, you will then receive an email of confirmation of your booking. When you visit a salon for the first time you will have to fill in a consultation card, which will ask for your health history and ask you to sign your GDPR consent.